Saturday, January 11, 2014

Reading or Writing?

This past semester has been so busy. I think I stressed myself out to the max. I think stress basically sums up my entire 2013. Whether I was dealing with illnesses or death of people close to me, or hitting the books, I was constantly in a battle last year. I feel like I spent the entire year in an emotional over drive. I think that's why I was able to read so many books. Because reading gave me an escape. It gave me a brief period of relief, because it allowed me to forget. I love that feeling of being so consumed in a book that everything around you ceases to exists. I'm one of those people who can read in a loud room and still totally zone out. I am guilty of bringing my kindle to the dinner table and people having a full conversation with me without me even noticing. Reading is my addiction, but I don't care because it keeps me sane.

I honestly don't even know how many books I've read since I last posted. I've finished entire series. I'm basically just going to list what I can:
1. The Velesi Trilogy by L Fillon
2. The Mortal Instrument Series by Cassandra Clare
3. Blackwater by Tara Brown
4. The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan
5. What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
6. Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen
7. Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead
8. Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
9. Untamed Hearts by Melody Grace
10.Unafraid by Melody Grace
11. Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen
12. Haven by Laury Falter
13.Guardian Trilogy by Laury Falter
14. Residue Series by Laury Falter
15. 3AM Kisses by Addison Moore
16. Three for me? by R G Alexander
17. PODS by  Michelle Pickett
18. RULE by Jay Crownover
19. The Daly Way Series by Brynn Paulin
20. Colorado Mountain Man series by Kristen Ashley
21. Love Slave for Two y Tymber Dalton
22. Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter
23. Fantasy Heights Series by Meg Silver
24. Sometimes Never by Cheryl Mcintyre
25. Through the Zombie Glass by Gena Showalter
26. The Watchers series by Veronica Wolff
27. Fire Spirits series by Samatha Young
28. Unleashed by Cherrie Lynn
29. The Selected Series by Rebecca Hope
30. JET by Jay Crownover
31. Desire series by Kailin Gow
32. The Bet by Rachel Van Dyken
33. A Seaside Novel Series by Rachel Van Dyken
34. Ruined by Rachel Hanna
35. Power Tools Series by Jayne Rylon
36. Noctalis Chronicles by Chelsea M. Cameron
37. Bad Rep by A Meredith Walters
38. Full Count by C A Williams
39. Rocked Under by Cora Hawkes
40. Xtreme Adventures Series by Vivian Arend
41. The Saving Angel Series by Tiffany King
42. The Wager by Rachel Van Dyken
43. With Me in Seattle Series by Kristen Proby
44. Dark Secrets Series by A M Hudson
45. The Empire Chronicles book 1: Soar by Alyssa Rose Ivy
46. Allegiant by Veronica Roth
47. Sweet Surrendering by Chelsea M Cameron
48. The Famished Trilogy by Annie Walls
49. The Single Lady Spy Series by Tara Brown
50. Club Sin Series by Stacey Kennedy
51. Morganville's Vampires Series by Rachel Caine
52. Surrender Series by Melody Anne
53. Reign of Ice L P Dover
54. The Dweller Series by David Estes
55. The Country Saga by David Estes
56. Shadow Falls Series by C C Hunter
57. The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks
58. First Kiss by Tara Brown
59. The Uglies Trilogy by Scott Westerfeld
60. Long After by Cheryl Mcintyre
61. Up In Flames by Nicole Williams
62. Mackenzie Family Series by Lilian Hart (only part way completed)
63. Bounds of Passion by Lucia Jordan
64. She's Gotta Be Mine by Jenifer Skully
65. House of Renwick Series by Rachel Van Dyken
66. Sink or Swim by Jamie Canosa
67. Hollywood Heat by Keely Eve
68. Madly Series by M Leighton
69. Friends with Partial Benefits by Luke Young
70. Thompson Sisters Series by Charles Sheehan ( Still haven't read the last one)
71. Taste of Darkness by MAria V Snyder
72. Ivan by Roxie Rivera
73. Beautiful Obivion by Addison Moore
74. Shaken Not Stirred by Alyssa Rose Ivy
75. Love Lies and Deception by L P Dover
76. Blood Like Posion Series by M Leighton (still in progress)
77. The PA's Revenge by Diana Fraser
78. Falling Kingdoms by Rhodes
79. Sexy Series by Dani Lovell


Thats all of the books more or less on my kindle that I've read. Clearly there are to many to review right now. If you would like a review on a specific series or book let me know and I will gladly give it.

So although my posting on this blog may be lacking, my book reading has still been going strong and so has my writing. I took a creative writing class this fall semester and got an A. It was one of my favorite classes because I think making myself sit down and actually write is the hardest part. Once I sit down and get an idea in my head I tend to take off. And writing actually makes me feel better its another way to deal with life. I use reading to escape but I think I use writing to cope. Writing things out sometimes helps me see things from a different perspective. I don't know maybe its silly but it helps me deal heres a short clip about anxiety:



PANIC
You’re sitting outside on the trunk of your beat up car. The car, that always breaks no matter how many times you service it a year. You curse the car to hell and look up at the stars. The reason you came out here was because you just needed to escape before you broke down in front of all those people. You feel like you can’t breathe, yet every time you take a deep breath in and then let it out, you have no trouble. Yet, still, you have that sense that you cannot get enough oxygen into your lungs.  You can feel your heart pounding inside your chest. You feel nauseous and you can feel the goose bumps starting at your toes and quickly making their way up your spine. Your vision starts to blur on the sides and you get that tension headache that throbs right behind your eyes. You swear that it can’t just all be in your head, there has to be something wrong with you. You must have some incurable disease or a brain tumor that’s inoperable.  You look down at your blue jeans and focus on the stitching while you take a deep breath to try and calm yourself. Next, your check your pulse, on both wrist for good measure and then on your neck, just to make sure you’re not having some sort of stroke and to make sure your blood is still flowing through your veins.  You ask yourself “What the hell is wrong with me? Why do I have these attacks? Is it really all in my head?” “No it can’t be”, you tell yourself. You know you can’t be crazy because of your skin. You don’t know if its hives, shingles, eczema or what. You mind is moving so fast. It keeps telling you a hundred diagnoses a minute. When did you get like this? When did you become afraid of life? Anxiety is a scary thing. Is it your fault? Is there something you do that sets it off? Or are you just crazy? Well let’s be honest you are crazy, but you meant a different kind of crazy.


Eh just something I wrote for homework for class. Anyways the Patriots are playing in the playoffs right now so I think I'm going to go enjoy the game. I just wanted to post something new since its been months. I apologize to my fans out there. (which probably consist of my 1 friends, who is to busy to actually read this consistently so she prob didn't even notice I stopped posting). Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment