Saturday, July 13, 2013

To Edit or Not to Edit?


So fellow blogger, Since I am new to this whole process, I have a question to edit or not to edit? I feel like a blog is a space where I can go to express my thoughts out loud therefore I do not really have the urge to sit and proof read what I write. I feel like it messes with my creative flow of thoughts. And the thought of proof reading and editing makes me not want to write as much. I am an awful speller, so running a spell check I can do and it doesn't bother me one bit. BUT I just feel like I don't want to have to re-read everything I write and go back and fix it because I tend to be a perfectionist and once I start nit picking I know I won't stop until I am satisfied.

When I write college papers for example I edit the crap out of them, but with something like a blog which is more care free and holds more freedom I am hoping it is acceptable to not edit. I know that means some things might slip through the cracks that are a little to wordy, or I might miss a run on sentence, but I am hoping people can look passed that and see this blog for what it is. Which I hope it will just be my ramblings of creative thought. I don't know whether or not I am delusional. Can people publish a blog on the internet and not edit the crap out of it? Am I insane to just want to write and not to second guess it? Well I have no idea to be honest. Like I said earlier this is my first time at ever attempting something like this. I realized after I posted my first post that I didn't read it through and proof it and I immediately was like ...oh no...should I have done that, should I go back and fix it? Anxiety like woah. But I don't want to have to worry about what I write and how good I sound, I just want a place to get my thoughts down. To get them out. To write my thoughts and ideas down so there not swimming inside of my head. I read so much sometimes I feel like I live in a world of fantasy, and maybe sometimes I do. So to edit or not to edit... I think I am going to settle on NOT.

No comments:

Post a Comment