Friday, August 9, 2013

Football is back =)

Yipppppie =)

So this is very unbook related BUT I have to write about it anyways because it has put a giant smile upon my face today. New England Patriot Pre Season Football started tonight. I got to break my jerseys out of storage and wear them for the first time this season. I am currently sporting my Tom Brady jersey. I do have to say I am a little anxious watching the game because of all the rookies on our team this year, but I have faith that we can pull it together this season and be a force to reckon with.

Anyways I know this isn't supposed to be a blog about sports, but I just cannot help it. My love for books and sports goes hand and hand. I apologize in advance for all of the sports related outbursts that I know WILL occur this football and hockey season. If you know me, you know I just cannot help it.

I actually just read a pretty great article last night about being a female sports fan. It talks about how its tough to be a die hard sports fan and be a female, because people don't take you seriously.

23 most annoying things about being a female sports fan

My favorite from this article would have to be number 13. which states "Shirts that forgo the teams actual colors  for trendier ones, because obviously women will not buy sports apparel if they think their teams colors look bad on them." This is most def. wicked annoying. Like come on dude, why am I going to buy a patriots shirt that is bright yellow or pink? Our teams colors are friggan blue, white, and red. There is no reason why you have to buy a different color shirt, in fact I will be bold and flat out say you look stupid. If I see you at a Pats game in a trendy color shirt I will automatically label you as a "band wagon or fake" fan. Any true female sports fan will be wearing their teams colors. The ONLY exception to this rule is during October for breast cancer awareness, then and only then can you wear your pink shirts and me not judge you.

I also have to mention number 16 & 17 just because they are two of my pet peeves about being a female and loving football. 16. Has to do with Thanksgiving. Can you see where this is going? "When you're making Thanksgiving dinner with your family and your female relatives won't let you watch football with the dudes."
Like come on people. I totally get this. And I am so happy it made it into this article. If I take the time to help you cook the darn bird, at the very least you can allow me to watch the game and check my fantasy scores. Just because I am a woman does not mean I belong in the kitchen. I can drink beer with the men in front of the big screen and be totally happy doing it.  And this brings us to number 17. "When you tell someone you're a fan of a team and they make you take a goddamn quiz to prove it". Ladies you know exactly what this means if you like sports. I can completely relate to this. When I read this I legit was nodding my head and yelling YES I HATE THAT. I work at a sports bar, so this happens to me ALL the time. I mention oh I love the Patriots and instantly a guy will be like "oh yeah, name one player other than tom brady...whose number 75....name three different positions.... whose the coach...whose the owner...name our kicker.....its like dude come on people. Hmm lets see. Shane Vereen number 34, Vince Wilfork is number 75, quaterback, wide receiver, tight end, running back, kicker, offensive line, safety, Bill, Kraft, gostkowski is the kicker, mesko is the punter. FU. I actually know my shi*t now back off dude. Its the most annoying thing ever. But yeah I thought the article was great and if your a female you should def. read it.

Anyways sorry about that, I tend to go off about things that I am passionate about. But back to reading. Last night I read Veer which is book two in the Clayton Falls series by Alyssa Rose Ivy. It was good I love Gavin in it. This series really makes me want to move to a small town that is on the beach. I wouldn't mind one day settling down in a small town where everyone knows everyone. I think it would be interesting. Sometimes I wish I could take off and settle down someplace where no one knows me at all and just totally start over and meet new people. When I read this series it makes me feel like its possible. I know it obviously wouldn't be that easy, but life isn't easy in general. Sometimes the books I read make it seem like if your not happy you should take a chance and pick up everything and move and make a big change. I don't know if this is just my dreamer side that relates to this and thinks it could work out and is a good idea. Or if its completely insane and a rash thing to do. Sometimes I think I debate things to death. Like I go over consequences too much. Would I be better off if I just took a leap and went with it? I don't know. I think I might be the most indecisive person I know. It'd be nice, and I think almost refreshing, to just be impulsive and do something without thinking it through.  Does anyone get what I mean? Or am I the only person who thinks to much for their own good. I guess I'll never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment