Sunday, August 11, 2013

Satisfaction

I am pretty happy, that I finally figured out how to add the follow this site button to my blog. I don't think you all realize how hard I have been trying to figure this out. I am not so good with computer tech things. Yes I can type and navigate the internet, but setting up a website/blog is an entirely different battle. It has taking me hours to try to get my page to look the way I want and it has not been easy. It still could be better, but I think I'm getting there. I am hoping now that I have a follower button that my friends can finally start to follow my blog. Not that I have blogging friends, because realistically I don't. But its nice to have the option just in case. I don't know how all you fellow bloggers do it. Some of you have sites that look AMAZING. I envy you! I am lucky I figured out how to change the colors and fonts.

Anyways. I discovered a new obsession last night. a fellow blogger, livedonethousandlives was nice enough to give me some advice, since I am new to the blogging world. One thing that was recommended was to join as many communities and sites as possible to connect with people. One site that was mentioned was goodreads . I had never heard of this site before, so I went and checked it out. OH MY LANTA. I was not disappointed. I am most definitely obsessed. I cannot tell you how many times I have wished that there was a way to keep track of all the books I have read, am reading, or want to read. Now I found it! Now it will probably take me a while to go in there and add all of the books I have read. But I think it is worth it. I can also review and rate books on that site as well. I am very excited about it.

After I got sick of playing around on goodreads I decided to get back to reading. So last night I finished off  The King's Guard: A Girl of Fire and Thorns Novella by Rae Carson. It was okay. I think I would have enjoyed it more if I went back and refreshed myself from the other books. Because I remember loving the series but I have read SO MANY books since then, that I found myself forgetting the details. I think I might go back and skim through the other books and then re read this book to fully appreciate it.

Next I read the second book in Addison Moore's Countenance Trilogy which is titled Evanescent. I am in love with her books. I get sucked in and want to be a part of this world. Even though it is full of danger and lies I do not care. I want in. I fall asleep reading her books and dream about the characters being my friends. Sad, I know. I want Laken, and Skyla to team up with me and figure things out. I want to date Logan, Gage, Cooper, Wes,  and Marshall. I get so wrapped up in these books that I drool over them. I know that its not a healthy relationship to have, but it is what it is. If pre teens can be twihards and obsess over sparkling vampires, then I as a 23 year old, can obsess over nephilim. If your sitting there reading this and are saying "what the hell is this girl rambling on about" then please go check it our for yourself you will not be disappointed. addison moore. That is the authors blog. She puts together an incredible world. PS if your going to start reading her books start off with the Celestra series.

So today I started to read the Percy Jackson series. I am about five chapters into The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. So far it reminds me of Harry Potter except instead of magic its Greek Olympic Gods. I'd name a few Gods but apparently saying their name is very powerful. I'm actually going to go dive into that book right now. Laters.

1 comment: