Friday, August 23, 2013

Get up for the Let Down

I cannot believe how bad My New England Patriots did last night in their pre-season game versus the Lions. It was pitiful. I legit watched half the game and was like forget this crap, and started reading my books. (Of course I still had the game on the television.) I mean, I know they usually have one awful game in the preseason or the start of the season, so I guess its good that they got it out of their system, but it was awful to watch. They basically got their asses handed to them. I still have faith though. I am sure they will get their butts kicked in practice this week and fix everything that went wrong in the game last night.

On a better note I got a good amount of reading done yesterday. I started reading the Brie After Graduation Series by Red Phoenix, (which I think is the second series, I think there is one before this, at the training center, but the graduation book one was free so I am starting there). The books are great but def. for ages 18+, and not for the overly sensitive. I read the first two so far and I am currently on the third book which is called Brie's Russian Fantasy. I'm not going to say to much about these book on here, because I don't want to offend any one. I know these kinds of books are not for everyone and can be cause for a hot topic debate. But I enjoy them and feel as though they are at the very least worth being mentioned in my blog.

I also finished the fourth book in the Immortal Instruments Series, The City of Fallen Angels. I know people might hate me for saying this, but this is the first book that I felt let down. It is my least favorite by far. I felt like not much happens in this book until the last few chapters, and I struggled to make myself read the first three quarters of the book. Maybe its because I loved the other books so much that I set my expectations to high? I mean there is usually one book in every series that I like way less than all the others, so I am hoping that this is the case here.I am going to keep reading the series in hopes that the books do not start to decline.

Two words, Ethereal Knights. I guess I missed that Addison Moore put out a book from Logan and Gage's perspective. I just started it, only a few chapters in but it is just as GREAT as I expected it to be! =)  I am also still working on the Percy Jackson and Velesi Trilogy books. As well as Enduring light. Just keeping you all updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment